Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

I have really curly hair. I have one of those cheap 20 dollars straighteners. IEverytime I straighten my hair it gets all poofy and frizzy. All the products I have with me are Frizzease styling gel and hair serum.My mom won'tlet me get any more hair products because she feels my hair doesn't need anymore than that. I don't reaaly want to straighten my hair with a clothes iron or a blowdryer. Do you have any tips on how to straighten hair like mine.



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

- Go curly! Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (aka sulfates). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones (read more about this at one of the websites) . Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse. Do not brush/comb your hair after this point because it wil disturb the curl pattern (make sure you already have a part). It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair. Then let your hair air dry or use a blowdryer with a diffuser. Do not touch the hair while it is drying or it will frizz!



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Aussie Moist Conditioner. The combo of products that I use daily is Garnier Fuctis Sleek and Shine Leave In Cream, LA Looks Sports Gel, and Aussie Tizz No Frizz Gel, but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites. Most moms are excited when their daughters want to wear their hair naturally and will buy them more products - that's what happened to me when I went curly ;). The products listed above can all be found at walgreens and are cheap too.



- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

i have really curly hair too...i asked the same question actually haha so if you want to see tons of other solutions just go to my page : )



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

Don't worry about it. Sometimes the curly hair can attract any one. You jast learn of liking your lovely hair and you will not have any problem about it. Have a good day..



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

convince ur mom 2 spend a little more %26amp; go in for rebonding..by this your hair wil remain straight for 6-10 months depending on the maintainence..You would not have to straighten your hair agn %26amp; agn..My mom had recently gone in for rebonding %26amp; it worked wonders for her..so try it out.



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

Hi Sarah!



Here in the Philippines, the best to straighten your hair is through MILK REBONDING. I am not quite sure if milk rebonding is available in your country. It is better than any other rebonding methods because the hair designers use milk plus less damaging chemicals. Also, try to use hair-straightening serums. The product is just like a hair conditioner but I guarantee that it's not oily or greasy. And yes, don't use irons or dryers, or else you'll end up having frizzier hair.



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

I can't believe your straightener doesn't work. Mine was about $40, but it straightened my hair wonderfully. It felt so smooth and silky.



My hair is so thick, frizzy , and curly. I couldn't believe the difference. My dad told me that it made me look older though and I haven't used it since. I'm in early 40's, don't need to look older.



My hair is so naturally curly other people that seen me with absolutely straight hair said they almost didn't recognize me.



In high school I blow dried my hair as much as possible to make it straight. I wish we'd had straighteners back then. Maybe a more expensive straightener would help. I got mine at a beauty shop supply store.



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

People are struggling to maintain and grow hair and still unable to suceed.



Uu want to spoil what you are blessed with.



Stop everything. No more straightening business for U. You will become mad.



Be ur natural self.



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

you actually can use your cheap hair straightner. Divide your hair into smaller chunks and pieces and use the straightner on each "chunk", and run it through it several times. start with the back moving up to top and sides. and don't use styling gel, if your wearing it down, that will make your hair curly. but do put the serum in it, before you straightner. so brush tiny sections and then straightner and repeat! and dont wash your hair everyday, that just dries it out.



good luck!



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

well what you have to do is you should go to Argos and buy a straightener and then put the plug in and wait for at least 5 minutes to get hot and then start to straighten your hair and at the end it will be straight



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

I completely understand straightening curly hair... I like my curly hair alot, actually, and yet sometimes it's just way too out of control and it needs a Straightened period of time.



I only have a 20 dollar straightener but it'sworth it; it's a Conair one, with bronze colored plates and built in comb attachments.



Don't use styling gel; it's a waste and it makes curly hair sticky and more likely to curl



Citre Shine is a good serum to use on either straightened or naturally curly hair.



The best way to deal with crazy hair is to make sure it's really really moisturized in the shower; always use conditioner and find a balance between it being moisturized but not greasy. Then, tie it up in a low ponytail (with a soft hairband or scrunchie so it won't dent) and then add an extra dime sized amount of cheap conditioner to it while it's still damp. Add the serum and then go in small pieces while straightening



Good luck!



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

Oh sweety i feel for you. i don't know how long your hair is? My hair is so curly and down to my lower waist now, i hated my hair growing up. the longer my hair grew, the higher and poofer it got. i use l'oreal remix, but i dilute it on my hands before spreading it through my hair, they also make another one but it's so thin i go through the jar like it's water. try it. if you let you hair grow the weight will hold it down a bit, i don't wash my hair every day, but i do wet it and put a good conditioner through it. can't go a day unless i slick it down and bun it. however through my success, still sometimes my hair will be nice in the morning and through out the afternoon at work it poofs anyway, it's all trial and error and we like it or not have this hair. good luck. enjoy it. becasue other people love it. no matter how big your hair gets at the end of the day.



ps if you really want it straight pay a hairdreser 40-80 and she'll do it to perfection, but one drop of moisture in the air and its gone.



i can spend two hours with a straightening iron, not anymore, i have other things to do



might as well sign off as, your sister FRo, lol



I have really super curly hair, how do you straighten it?

well i too have really curly hair, so i understand your issue! you just have to decide when the weather is right to straighten your hair. i cannot straighten my hair when it is humid or rainy outside so i put it up in a pony tail.



hope this helped you some??? --shortnsweet--

No comments:

Post a Comment