Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

I am half chinese, so instead of having my mom's nice textured hair, I've got thick, straight hair.



I've been consulting with hairstylists in town %26amp; tried to get wavy perms. That was a big mistake. My hair got fried. I try to curl iron it, nothing happens. Hair gel/spray does nothing! I tried to get my hair layered, but nah, no luck on that either.



I was wondering if my type of hair is the kind that needs to be dealt with by a expensive, highly praised hair stylist??



Also, I live in a small town, so the choice in hair salons are minimal. I wasn't sure if maybe it's because of the salon choice that I have here.



Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

Your problem is that now you have way to much volume. Get a large barrel iron and use the iron vertically. After you have ironed it, put "silk therapy "on it, by Farouk. Use a blow dryer and pull on your hair as you have the heat from the blower on it. Or pull it out with a wide tooth comb. Also buy "Ego Boost" by Bed Head. You can order it on line if you can't find it in your town. There is a way to handle your hair but first you have to get your normal cuts every 4-6 weeks and let it grow out. If you follow what I say and make sure you get deep heating conditioners, ask to see what they use. I use a combination of three different top of the line deep conditioners, so you have to make sure they aren't using crappy stuff. Matrix " hair Masque" along with Matrix " +5" by essential line, and Joico deep conditioner mixed equally as a deep heating conditioner is great. If they don't use something along those lines buy it yourself and wrap your head in saran wrap and do some house work for a couple of hours ( to develop heat in your scalp) then rinse your hair, don't shampoo. Let air dry. Do this once a week until your hair feels better. Should take a couple months. As you are letting your hair grow out don't do anymore chemical treatments ( duh). The trick for your hair is to razor it from the inside out. Not a lot of stylist know how to do this. The razor is a very tricky tool to use and I wouldn't suggest a stylist just using it without knowledge. You may have to do some homework on line and see if you can locate a stylist in a nearby city. Good luck and God bless, If you need more info email me.



Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

Thick, straight hair is an ideal. You should not have done anything at all to it. Let it grow out straight again and this time don't mess with it. What you call "texture" or "waviness" is a flaw.



Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

You know we always want what we don't have it seems.



Most would do just about anything to have thick straight hair.



I think you need a good haircut. Something like a Jennifer Aniston. it's a long layered look.



Best wishes....



Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

i feel you on this.



my hair does nothing but stay straight.



last month i went to a very expensive place and asked for advice.



honestly your hair sounds the same as mine and it just isnt gonna curl no matter how much u pay someone to try !just embrace what u have. straight hair is sexy



Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

As stated previously, thick straight hair is beautiful. What this shows is that you are dating the WRONG GUY. He should have loved your hair.



Grow the wierdness out. Then wear your hair in a straight blunt cut right at the shoulders, with bangs around your face.



.



Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

No I don't think you need to spend a lot of money on an expensive stylist. The key is to find out what works for your hair and then be very open with telling the stylist exactly what you need. I too have thick (though it doesn't look like it because I have thin strands. But I have A LOT of hair and it grows abnormally fast) straight hair. I need a lot of layers to keep it light enough that it doesn't totally weigh me down. I've been to stylists before who just did not get that. If you have difficult hair like us you need to be blunt (not rude though!) with stylists. Don't be afraid to go in a tell them exactly what they should do to your hair. Too many times I've just sat there and let them give me some layers that were not enough and within a few weeks my hair was completely unmanageable.



Also maybe a wavy perm isn't right for you? Maybe you'd look good with some layering too.



Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

lol we always seem to want what we dont have. i just spent thousands of rupees to get my hair straightened!



well if u want curls the best thing would be to wash ur hair at night and roll them up in curlers. in the morning remove the curlers and spray some good hold hair spray. this method is cheap, temporary and safe. u wont spoil ur hair either this way.



but trust me thick straight hair is as good as it gets ! if u think its boring highlight ur hair in 2 nice colours. u get get gold highlights with brwon low lights. this will instantly perk up ur look and make u look gorgeous!



all the best!



Is there anything a hair stylist can successfully do for someone with thick, straight hair?

Have you heard 'Re-bounding'? It straightens your hair (as far as i knew), but further it will help your thick hair problems. But I think wavy hair wouldn't suit you really, especially if you have a chinese face. I still think that straight hair is the best for chinese-faced, but maybe I'm affected by those movies... Still, you have to respect every trait that you have. If you can change your hair, try changing your hairstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment