Saturday, August 1, 2009

For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

A) Flat ironing it once a week



B) Or washing it multiple times and adding hair gel and other products?



I have really really curly hair. What i have been doing lately is straightening it once a week wit hthe iron. But before I would wash it multiple times a week an add all kinds of products. So I was told that the iron does a lot of damage to my hair. So I was wondering am I doing more damage straightening it or should I go back to the curly look?



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

Either way you are causing some damage. Hair gel is very drying and frequent use of any heated styling tool can cause damage as well.



You can do both styles, just keep a few things in mind like;



Using a heat protectant before styling with a hair iron, curling iron or blow dryer.



Use a shampoo that removes build up after using a lot of hair product.



Choose hair products, shampoos, conditioners, gels etc, that are meant to help protect, nourish and repair hair.



http://www.sexyhair.com/



A professional Hair straightener won't cause as much damage to your hair as a cheap brand flat iron.



http://www.myhairstylingtools.com/blog/l...



Have a day, say once a week, that you wash your hair and allow it to dry naturally without any product so it can have a break. Perhaps on this day use a hair mask to help revive hair and keep it in it's best shape.



To Healthy Happy Hair!



Erin



http://www.myhairstylingtools.com



Professional Hair Tools



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

The iron will damage your hair if you dont use a heat protecting product first. I like 'S' Factor by TiGi...they make a smoothing lusterizer that will help keep it straight, and protect it from the iron... Hope this helps...



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

HaHa. How funny. I have really curly hair, as well. I straighten my hair like once a month. It's not good to straighten it once a week. Depending on the products you use, depends on the ruining of your hair. Do not wash it multiple times a day and don't put in too much product. You will damage it by straightening it too much. Still straighten it, but less times. I'm sure your hair is beautiful the way it is, but trust me it is nice to get a change.



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

i used to straigten everyday i used a protector spray .. it works .. i have stopped now i want to see if it makes a difference .. i dont really think your damaging it that badly !



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

Flat ironing it. The heat can really damage and split hair. Just condition your hair (I use pantene) and it should be fine.



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

I flat iron my hair nearly every day and wash my hair every other day and my hair is fine. Just make sure to use a heat defense spray (I use Tresemme or Vo5) before you flat iron and condition, condition, condition!



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

I've been told that heat does not damage your hair. However I use a straightening iron with ceramic plates, these are better than using the $10 metal ones that don't hold consistant heat. You can use the ceramic one every day if you want to. My hair is strong and volumous and I've never had any hairdresser tell me otherwise. In fact they always want me to donate it.



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

Straightening it once a week as long as you use a heat protecting spray (and/or heat protecting shampoo/conditioner) will not damage your hair too much...just don't do it daily.



However, it would damage your hair less to wash it a few times a week and use more products on curly hair...why not do it curly most of the time and flat iron it once or twice a month with the protective spray? It will be more stunning if you just flat iron it occasionally!



(You may also be happy to hear that curly is in and stick straight is out right now!)



For the ladies: Am I damaging my hair more by:?

both really. in combination.. they are equally bad for your hair. flat ironing it without a heat protector spray is bad. but also gel with a large alcohol base can also be bad. you are doing more damage straightening it though! next time, spray on a heat protector spray. tresseme makes a good one! i have really damaged hair from straightening it every day, you dont want to get where im at right now with this! trust me.. lol :] good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment